Sunday, November 22, 2009

Clutter

I confess I don't care about "keeping house." There's piles of papers and things all over the place in my home. I try to contain the piles, but it's just not my thing. I'd rather to just about ANYTHING other than clean house. Or sort paperwork.

But suddenly there's a massive paperwork job. We can't empty out her place until we know where certain papers are... like the car title! We need insurance papers, bank papers, etc. And keeping track of health insurance payments is a nightmare! (Who thinks we don't need health insurance reform??? You must never be sick. I've never seen so many forms and bills and so on... None of them paying much and all of them needing a response.)

The thing is, she was the kind of person who filed her bills immedately upon paying them. There are labeled folders and files for everything.

If someone were coming to clean out my stuff, I'd be embarrassed.

While I clean out hers, I just feel sad.

No comments: