Tuesday, November 17, 2009

For free: one uncomfortable couch

There is this couch in her house. When you sit on it, you either sink down in until your butt hits a spring, or you sit on a ridge of lumpy feathers. It's about 6 feet long. It's low to the ground. It's made of what one might call "durable fabric." There's not a worn place or rip anywhere.

We call it "the big un-comfy couch." I offered it, free for the taking, to some college students at church who always need furniture. They came to look at it and politely declined.

Did I mention it is ugly, too?

But here's the kicker. She keeps asking me if I am going to take the couch. We own a house with narrow rooms and halls, and the sucker will never fit up the stairs. I finally said, "no, we can't get it in our house, but I know where it will be going. Don't worry."

I think the dump will be getting it. I don't think the Salvation Army or Goodwill are going to accept it because it isn't in sale-able shape. Truth be told, I'm embarrassed to offer it to any one.

But it's free. One uncomfortable couch.

No comments: