Monday, November 16, 2009

perfectly good

I have gone around and around with other family members. No one wants the clothes. No one WILL want the clothes. At least, not us or our children. We need to give them away. TODAY. She wants us to keep them...

"BUT... they are perfectly good!" she says to us...

Right.

Suits with 1970s lapels. Shirts with embroidery on the cuffs and collars. Purses that are made of PLASTIC!!!! leather. Puhleeease.

My kids are rolling their eyes and walking in another direction whenever a load of things comes home. Today I am going to do another purging of the closets. And everything is going straight from my car to Salvation Army. None of it is coming in the house.

She is a size 8 petite. I am a size 16, not-at-all-petite. Even the gloves (remember those? 13 pairs?) will NOT fit.

This is one more battle that I do not need to fight.

No comments: