Friday, November 6, 2009

Unbelievable. What a mess.

So today we went to try and help our relative work through some bills, because she has not yet relinquished fiduciary responsibilities to us. OK, that's fine, if she would pay the bills. But she got very upset and claimed that none of these bills were hers and someone had stolen her identity. She never ordered all these magazines and she never buys things from the TV.... (as she sits there in her QVC sweat suit with cats all over it... oy).

I stepped out of the room to let him talk her down off the cliff... and stood looking out the window at the end of the hall.

Oh, God, this is hard... I was thinking. And a nurse came up and asked, "are you OK?"

No, I said, but I will be. Then with a shrug, I told her we were trying to get our relative to pay bills and it wasn't going well.

She touched my arm, smiled and said, "I'll be right back."

And she brought me the instructions for how to file for mental incompetence...

You know, I'm just not there. I can't say it yet.

The woman with the brilliant mind is NOT gone. She's not...

No comments: