Monday, November 2, 2009

Why this blog?

A little bit about me: I'm a pastor on the East Coast. I'm called to serve. That's what I was created to do. But I am also a part of a family with incredible needs.

Pastor or not, my story may sound familiar to you...

I am caught in what is called "the sandwich generation." I am willing to give and serve because that is what we are called to do. But that does not make it easy. I have a relative who has just been diagnosed with a terminal cancer. I'll tell you more about it as we walk through her diagnosis and its repercussions.

A few caveats...
  • I'm sharing a story that is intensely personal. SO. No names.
  • I'm sharing a story that thousands of other adults will experience in their lifetime.
  • I'm sharing a story so that I can gain perspective by writing about it
You're welcome on the journey with me.

No comments: