Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dealing with it

OK. The time for crying is over.

Today I started making lists. All of the things that fall to me...
- packing up the house.
- finding a storage unit because even though she can't live there, she can't get rid of anything.
- calling hospice, who tell me I need her prognosis and life expectancy in writing.
- calling the oncologist... only to find out that since I am not the designated health POA I can't get any information on her prognosis and life expectancy.
- calling the family member who IS the designated health POA and then sitting beside them as they make the phone call to the oncologist, and handing them tissues.
- canceling utilities, papers, and forwarding the mail... accomplished because I lied and said that I was her. (I learned. Lie.)

I'm home. Now I can cry.

Oh God. This sucks.

No comments: